Welcome to the KatTales Prime Writing feature, in which a first-time author discusses their debut novel or book.
Prime Writing is currently actively soliciting participants.
I’ve seen first-hand how hard it is for a first-time author to break into the industry. This is my attempt to pay forward all the help various writers have given me, balance the karmic scales and be a good writing citizen.
If you’re interested in participating in Prime Writing, please see the Features FAQ.
prime [prahym] adjective, noun, verb-adjective
- first in order of time, existence, or development; earliest
- of the first importance; demanding the fullest consideration: a prime requisite
- of the greatest relevance or significance: a prime example
- of the greatest commercial value: prime real estate
- first-rate: this book is prime!
- Mathematics, (of any two or more numbers) having no common divisor except unity (what, you expected this geek not to include that one? :-)
- the most flourishing stage or state
- the choicest or best part of anything
- the beginning or earliest stage of any period
- to prepare or make ready for a particular purpose or operation
- to put fuel into before starting an engine
- to supply or equip with information, words, etc., for use